Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

Hadith on Dinar

The following Hadith on Dinar is researched by Abdul Halim b. Abdul Hamid.

Here are some of the authenticated ones, Insya'Allah.

/Book 10, Number 3895: /

Jabir (Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said to him: I have taken your camel for four dinars, and you may ride upon it to Medina.

/Book 10, Number 3893: /

Jabir b. 'Abdullah (Allah be pleased with them) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) bought a camel from me for two 'uqiyas and a dirham or two dirhams. As he reached Sirar (a village near Medina), he commanded a cow to be slaughtered and it was slaughtered, and they ate of that, and as he (the Holy Prophet) reached Medina he ordered me to go to the mosque and offer two rak'ahs of prayer, and he measured for me the price of the camel and even made an excess payment to me.

/Book 10, Number 3889: /

Jabir reported: We went from Mecca to Medina with Allah's Messenger(may peace be upon him) when my camel fell ill, and the rest of the hadith is the same. (But it in also narrated in it:) He (the Holy Prophet) said to me: Sell your camel to me. I said: No, but it is yours. He said: No. (it can't be), but sell it to me. I said: No, but, Allah's Messenger, it is yours. He said: No, it can't be, but sell it to me. I said: Then give me an 'uqaya of gold for I owe that to a person and then it would be yours. He (the Holy Prophet) said: I take it (for an 'uqiya of gold) and you reach Medina on it. As I reached Medina, Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to Bilal: Give him an 'uqiya of gold and make some extra payment too. He (Jabir) said: He gave me an 'uqiya of gold and made an addition of a qirat. He (Jabir) said: The addition made by Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was with me (as a sacred trust for belssing) and lay with me in a pocket until the people of Syria took it on the Day of Harra.

/Book 10 ,Number 3886: /

Jabir b. 'Abdullah (Allah be pleased with them) reported that he was traveling on his camel which had grown jaded, and he decided to let it off. When Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) met him and prayed for him and struck it, so it trotted as it had never trotted before. He said: Sell it to me for an 'uqaya. I said: No. He again said: Sell it to me. So I sold it to him for an 'uqaya, but made the stipulation that I should be allowed to ride back to my family. Then when I came to (my place) I took the camel to him and he paid me its price in ready money. I then went back and he sent :(someone) behind me (and as I came) he said: Do you see that I asked you to reduce price for buying your camel. Take your camel and your coins; these are yours.


The above is from Sahih Muslim, Book 10: Transactions (Kitab Al-Buyu')

This is also another authentic hadith collected by Imam Abu Dawud in his book Sunan.
/Book 16, Number 3322: /

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas:

A man seized his debtor who owed ten dinars to him. He said to him: I swear by Allah, I shall not leave you until you pay off (my debt) to me or bring a surety. The Prophet (peace be upon him) stood as a surety for him. He then brought as much (money) as he promised. The Prophet (peace be upon him) asked: From where did you acquire this gold? He replied: From a mine. He said: We have no need of it; there is no good in it. Then the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) paid (the debt) on his behalf.

/Book 16, Number 3325: /

Narrated Abu Hurayrah:
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A time is certainly coming to
mankind when only the receiver of usury will remain, and if he does
not receive it, some of its vapor will reach him. Ibn Isa said:
Some of its dust will reach him.


/Book 16, Number 3327: /

Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud:

The Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) cursed the one who accepted
usury, the one who paid it, the witness to it, and the one who
recorded it.

/Book 16, Number 3334: /

Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar:

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: (The standard) weight is the
weight of the people of Mecca, and the (standard) measure is the
measure of the people of Medina.

/Book 16, Number 3341: /

Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah:

The Prophet (peace be upon him) owed me a debt and gave me something
extra when he paid it.

/Book 16, Number 3343: /

Narrated Ubadah ibn as-Samit:

The Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Gold is to be paid
for with gold, raw and coined, silver with silver, raw and coined
(in equal weight), wheat with wheat in equal measure, barley with
barley in equal measure, dates with dates in equal measure, salt by
salt with equal measure; if anyone gives more or asks more, he has
dealt in usury. But there is no harm in selling gold for silver and
silver (for gold), in unequal weight, payment being made on the
spot. Do not sell them if they are to be paid for later. There is no
harm in selling wheat for barley and barley (for wheat) in unequal
measure, payment being made on the spot. If the payment is to be
made later, then do not sell them.

/Book 16, Number 3378: /

Narrated Urwah ibn AbulJa'd al-Bariqi:

The Prophet (peace be upon him) gave him a dinar to buy a
sacrificial animal or a sheep. He bought two sheep, sold one of them
for a dinar, and brought him a sheep and dinar. So he invoked a
blessing on him in his business dealing, and he was such that if had
he bought dust he would have made a profit from it.

/Book 16, Number 3380: /

Narrated Hakim ibn Hizam:

The Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) sent with him a dinar to
buy a sacrificial animal for him. He bought a sheep for a dinar,
sold it for two and then returned and bought a sacrificial animal
for a dinar for him and brought the (extra) dinar to the Prophet
(peace be upon him). The Prophet (peace be upon him) gave it as alms
(sadaqah) and invoked blessing on him in his trading.


The above is from Book 16 of Sunan Abu Dawud on "Commercial Transactions (Kitab Al-Buyu)"

No comments: